Register to volunteer and support Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument by visiting our Golden Volunteer platform here.
How You Can Get Involved
No matter where you are or what you would like to do, there are several ways you can volunteer with Grand Staircase Escalante Partners.
In The Field
Our in-field opportunities includes graffiti removal, trail ambassadorship, and other live events. Click here to go to our Golden Volunteer platform to learn more about these opportunities.
On Your Own
We have resources for you to help protect this landscape on your own — from Citizen Science Programs to Site Stewardship. Click here for more details about how to register and get these resources.
If you’re already a volunteer, or if you want to learn more, check out these documents to help you get started.
Field Program Volunteer Guide
Golden Tips and Tricks
We use the platform Golden Volunteer to organize our volunteer trips, enabling a streamlined process for the exchange of necessary information between GSEP staff and volunteers. Click here to get guidance on getting started with the platform and getting signed up for our events.
Click here to see the policies, practices, and procedures that will be in place for minimizing risk of COVID-19 exposure during in-person programs.
View a copy of the waiver you must sign before volunteering in the field with Partners.
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
Below is a highlight of some of the volunteer programs we have. These options change throughout the year depending on the season and availability of staff and volunteers. To see the full list of opportunities, click here.
Come help GSEP and the BLM remediate modern scratched and drawn-on graffiti from sandstone walls and more.
Ambassadors volunteer at trailheads and hiking the trails of the Monument to educate how to minimize their impact.
Expert Walks and Talks
You can volunteer with GSEP to put on a walk or a talk about your favorite subject right in the Monument.
Are you a graphic designer, video editor, copywriter, or skilled in other creative fields? Volunteer to help create for Parterns!
Grand Staircase Escalante Partners is committed to fostering an equitable and inclusive environment in our workplace and across GSENM. We recognize the complex and difficult histories that have shaped American public lands, from the dispossession of Native lands and forced removal of indigenous communities to create public lands and parks to the ongoing exclusion of people of color from conservation and preservation movements. We acknowledge that the area known as Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument and its surrounding areas are the ancestral land and historical territory of the Hopi, Zuni, Dine/Navajo, San Juan Southern Paiute, Kaibab Paiute, Ute, Ute Mountain Ute, and Acoma nations. As we carry out our work in conservation and education, we strive to ensure that:
- Indigenous history and diverse perspectives are elevated in the story of GSENM. Learn on this topic here
- We empower communities that have been marginalized and have not historically benefitted from public lands.
- We strive to transform GSENM into a place where all people have not only equal access to, but also feel safe and welcome to connect with the land, learn, visit and recreate.
- Our organization operates inclusively and equitably, both internally and in broader relations with other organizations and individuals.
- We are on a journey to transform our work–to foster diversity through equitable actions that create a just and inclusive environment—within and beyond our organization. Learn more about how we are integrating justice, equity, and inclusion into our work.
We’re open to hearing how volunteer spaces can be made more inclusive to you or others.