Participant Agreement and Release of Liability
Below is a copy of the agreement you must sign before participating in volunteer programs in the field. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
In consideration of the services of Grand Staircase-Escalante Partners (GSEP), their agents, officers, volunteers, participants, employees and all other persons of entities acting in any capacity on their behalf, I hereby agree to release and discharge GSEP on behalf of myself, my children, my parents, my family, my heir, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that indoor and outdoor activity which I have chosen to participate in entails known and unanticipated risks which could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity. The risks include, among other things, physical injury, hazards such as trees, rocks and other manmade or natural obstacles, exposure to the elements, floods, extreme temperatures, inclement weather and encounters with animals and wildlife, burns, and problems with unavailability of immediate medical attention in case of injury.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless GSEP from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or use of GSEP’s equipment or facilities, including any such Claims which allege negligent act or acts of omission of GSEP.
4. Should GSEP or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I have no medical or physical conditions which could interfere with my safety in this activity, or else I am willing to assume and bear the costs of all risks that may be created, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against GSEP on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein. I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document.
I have read and understood it and agree to be bound by its terms.