Honoring the past and safeguarding the future of Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument through science, conservation, and education.
For more information about our organization visit gsenm.org. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled.
Job Opening: Grand Staircase Escalante Partners Development Director
Grand Staircase Escalante Partners (GSEP) is seeking a leader to join our dynamic team in the long-term protection of Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument (GSENM). We are looking for a leader who is organized, creative, innovative, and enthusiastic about the Monument and public lands conservation. The Development Director is a senior position responsible for the creation and execution of strategies to raise funds and increase public awareness of Grand Staircase Escalante Partners’ (GSEP) mission and programs. Our mission is to honor the past and safeguard the future of Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument through science, conservation, and education. Our organization is committed to protecting the vast landscape of Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument, including the objects of value identified in the 2021 Monument Proclamation.
The Development Director works with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to (1) establish and execute fundraising strategies to achieve the organization’s quarterly, annual and long-term revenue goals and (2) build and manage organizational brand identity and all aspects of marketing and communications.
Justice, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
GSEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to making our programs and services accessible to all. We value diversity and do not permit any discrimination against applicants, employees, or volunteers on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or disability, or any other status protected by applicable law or statue in any of our policies or programs. We intentionally work to foster a culture of inclusion with openness, honesty, visibility, creativity, and trust as core values.
GSEP offices are based in Utah: Salt Lake City, Kanab, and Escalante; however, we are accepting applications from remote candidates, with a preference for those living in Utah. Please see the job duties, qualifications, and application instructions below.
- Develop and execute annual fundraising plans in collaboration with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors Development Committee with targeted goals, objectives, methods, quantifiable outcomes, and timelines to achieve budgeted financial targets
- Supervise a communications coordinator and provide the necessary coaching, support, and professional development for this person to accomplish tasks and achieve their strategic goals.
- Meet with prospective donors and supporters (in person, via phone, or Zoom) to create and expand meaningful, authentic relationships that are responsive to donors’ needs and giving priorities
- Conduct individual and business prospect research and grow a major gifts program based on a strategic plan and established timeline including identification, cultivation, and funding requests of major donors
- Spearhead and lead an outreach campaign to build constituencies and ensure messaging is aligned with strategic goals and is inclusive of diverse knowledge and perspectives
- Conduct grant research, proposal writing, and reporting.
- Create and maintain an annual proposal calendar with deadlines, contact information, and reporting requirements
- Design, implement, and manage a planned giving program
- Manage and execute an annual appeal campaign in collaboration with the executive director and board of directors
- Plan and execute fundraising special events
- In collaboration with communications staff, develop and execute a comprehensive marketing plan that includes events, media relations, press releases, social networking, annual report, website, newsletter, and branding
- Manage customer relationship management (CRM) database, website updates, and tracking systems
- Manage and direct all weekly social media posts
- Supervise creation and dissemination of creative content to support fundraising activities
- Create and manage donor recognition strategies
- Travel as requested to Kanab, Escalante, Boulder, and Salt Lake City, UT as well as other destinations as needed
- Demonstrate professional conduct and support GSEP’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Perform other related duties as requested
- Must embrace the mission and vision of Grand Staircase Escalante Partners
- Proven fundraising success in areas of individual, foundation, government, and corporate giving
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) software, including substantial experience with the current CRM program.
- High-level expertise based on extensive experience with customer relationship management fundraising software.
- High-level expertise based on extensive experience with technical aspects of website development and maintenance, with a preference for those with WordPress experience.
- Extensive experience with major social media platforms\
- Experience with website development, search engine optimization (SEO), nonprofit marketing, and social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Strong and effective interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to effectively work remotely
- Knowledge and experience in a wide variety of fundraising strategies, particularly major gift cultivation and acquisition and planned giving
- Ability to support staff, board members, and volunteers in their ability to carry out the GSEP mission and serve as ambassadors
- Ability to take initiative and be innovative, creative, and goal driven
- Organizational skills and self-accountability
- Display a positive attitude and outward mindset
- Working knowledge of computer programs including Adobe, Microsoft Suite
- Familiarity with Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument and public lands strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required and Master’s preferred, or equivalent and proven experience.
- Minimum five years of experience in professional fundraising
Salary: DOE $70,000 – $75,000
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. This position will be open until filled, with the goal of filling the position by March 1, 2023. Qualified candidates will be contacted via phone if selected to move to the next stage of the application process. If you have any questions about the process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.